De Smet and Francis Howell Central will lead the way as the Missouri Boys’ Volleyball playoffs are set to begin in two weeks. The Spartans are the top seed in Class 3 while Howell Central takes the top slot in Class 4 as the seeds and districts were announced Monday. There are seven districts on this side of the state in each class while the Kansas City area will handle the eighth district.
In Class 3, De Smet has been the team to beat all year as they are undefeated with a 21-0 record. They are Trent Massey who has 154 kills on the year while Austin Harszy has added 94 kills.
Whitfield will enter the tournament as the No. 2 seed with an 18-4-3 record and is led by Maksim Serdotetskov on the offensive side as he has 176 kills with Zach Kampen adding 160 kills.
Webster Groves will have the No. 3 seed this year with an 11-5-1 record as Aidan Whitemountain has 127 kills on the year with Jack Hendrix handing out 438 assists.
Fort Zumwalt South will be the No. 4 seed with a record of 13-8 as Caden Smith paces the Bulldogs with a 25-percent kill percentage with Lucas Ulrich dishing out over seven assists per match.
Here are the Class 3 districts:
- District 1: De Smet, Borgia, and Parkway North
- District 2: Whitfield, Lutheran South, and Duchesne
- District 3: Webster Groves, Lutheran St. Charles, and Cape Notre Dame
- District 4: Fort Zumwalt South, Parkway Central, and Bayless
- District 5: St. Dominic, Fort Zumwalt East, Ladue, and Bishop DuBourg
- District 6: Summit, Affton, Clayton, and Soldan
- District 7: St. Pius X (Festus), Saxony Lutheran, Westminster, and Coll. School of Bio-Med
- District 8: Kansas City Schools
In Class 4, Howell Central is currently sitting on an 18-4 record with Andrew Geil leading the top-seeded Spartans with 102 kills while Jackson Campbell has added 95 kills thus far on the season.
St. Louis University High will be the No. 2 with a record of 14-8 and will see Jack Krausz lead the way with 144 kills while Will Blaisdell has added 135 kills on the season thus far.
Lafayette is the No. 3 seed in the tournament with a record of 12-5 as Matt Haefner is leading the Lancer attack with 145 kills while Ethan Tran has handed out 263 assists.
The No. 4 seed with Marquette with a record of 11-6 as the Mustangs are paced by Noah Landewe with 166 kills with Alex Danyluck dishing out 312 assists on the season.
Here are the Class 4 districts:
- District 1: Howell Central, Lindbergh, and Parkway West
- District 2: SLUH, Fort Zumwalt North, and Eureka
- District 3: Lafayette, Mehlville, and Kirkwood
- District 4: Marquette, CBC, Seckman, and Hazelwood West
- District 5: Oakville, Chaminade, Fort Zumwalt West, and Fox
- District 6: Howell North, Parkway South, St. Mary’s, and Ritenour
- District 7: Vianney, Howell, Northwest, and Pattonville
- District 8: Kansas City schools
Jim Powers has been covering prep sports in the St. Louis area for 15+ years and a part of the Missouri State High School Activities Association Championship Broadcasts for the past 11 years. Powers is also a part of the Fox 2 Verlo Mattress Prep Zone Friday nights at 10:10 during the football and basketball seasons. If you have a prep sports story, please contact Jim at email@example.com. Follow Jim at @hssportscaravan