There is a big shake-up in the High School Sports Caravan Boys’ Basketball Top 10 Rankings as O’Fallon makes a jump to the top spot after gaining some big wins over the past few weeks. Cardinal Ritter and Kirkwood also continue to climb in the rankings after garnering victories last week.
- O’Fallon (16-5)
- The Panthers ascend to the top slot after getting wins over both East St. Louis and Belleview East and have won six of their last seven games. They will take on Normal Community West Saturday evening.
- East St. Louis (11-4)
- The Flyers stay in the second slot after gaining wins over Chaminade and Belleville East last week and will take on Salem, Ill., Thursday evening.
- Chaminade (11-3)
- The Red Devils will look to bounce back after a pair of losses in Illinois but still have lost only one game to a Missouri school and will take on Soldan Wednesday evening.
- Belleville East (18-3)
- The Lancers have won three straight contests after falling to East St. Louis and O’Fallon and will take on Alton Friday evening.
- Vashon (7-7)
- The Wolverines are still the top team in Class 4 in the state in playing a national schedule and will take on Huntington Prep Friday evening.
- Cardinal Ritter (11-5)
- The Lions have won 12 straight games including a pair of AAA conference matchups and will host Lutheran St. Charles Friday evening.
- Kirkwood (13-0)
- The Pioneers remain undefeated after beating Hazelwood Central and Webster Groves last week and host Oakville Thursday evening.
- De Smet (9-4)
- The Spartans have won two of their last three games including a victory over CBC and will continue play in the Metro Catholic Conference Friday evening at Vianney.
- CBC (10-7)
- The Cadets bounced back after a few losses with a two-point win over Soldan and will host SLUH in a key MCC matchup Friday evening.
- Breese Central (19-2)
- The Cougars are one of the top small schools in Illinois and have won six consecutive games and will take on rival Mater Dei at Nashville Friday evening.
Jim Powers has been covering prep sports in the St. Louis area for 15+ years and a part of the Missouri State High School Activities Association Championship Broadcasts for the past 11 years. Powers is also a part of the Fox 2 Verlo Mattress Prep Zone Friday nights at 10:10 during the football and basketball seasons. If you have a prep sports story, please contact Jim at email@example.com. Follow Jim at @hssportscaravan