The 2023 baseball season is in full swing and we are seeing many of the normal teams are off to outstanding starts. One of those teams will begin in the top slot of the HSSC/Scoops with Danny Mac Top 10 rankings as Fort Zumwalt West will start in the number one position. The Jaguars are one of the hottest teams in the state and will look to remain in the top slot after they head to Columbia this coming weekend.
Here is the complete list and just a reminder that we have all teams put into one ranking.
- Fort Zumwalt West (13-1)
- The Jaguars have won four straight and will play Howell North in a pair of conference games before heading to Rock Bridge for their tournament this weekend.
- Howell (10-3)
- The Vikings have won four of their last five games and will take on Troy in two games this week before heading to Columbia to play in a tournament out there.
- Edwardsville (9-4)
- The Tigers will look to snap a two-game losing skid this week as they will host De Smet and Vianney while playing Jackson at Busch Stadium Sunday evening.
- Eureka (13-0)
- The Wildcats are playing terrific baseball and are coming off a third-place finish at the Jays Baseball Invite this past weekend and they will open the week with a pair of games against Lindbergh starting Tuesday afternoon.
- Mascoutah (10-2)
- The Indians won nine straight contests before falling to Highland over the weekend and will get the rematch against Highland Wednesday afternoon.
- Vianney (12-1)
- The Golden Griffins have won three straight after suffering a loss to Howell and will take on Chaminade in two games this week before taking on Edwardsville at the end of the week.
- Father McGivney (14-0)
- The Griffins join Eureka as the only undefeated teams in the area and will take on Bunker Hill in two conference games this week.
- John Burroughs (8-3)
- The Bombers have won seven straight games after opening the season with a 1-3 mark and will take on conference rivals MICDS in a pair of games this week.
- Columbia (7-1)
- The Eagles are on a five-game winning streak and will take on Roxana Tuesday night to start a big week in which they will play five games.
- Fort Zumwalt South (6-1-1)
- The Bulldogs continue conference action this week after splitting a pair against Liberty last week and they will play Holt twice this week before taking on Howell Central in a doubleheader Saturday.
Jim Powers has been covering prep sports in the St. Louis area for 15+ years and a part of the Missouri State High School Activities Association Championship Broadcasts for the past 11 years. Powers is also a part of the Fox 2 Verlo Mattress Prep Zone Friday nights at 10:10 during the football and basketball seasons. If you have a prep sports story, please contact Jim at email@example.com. Follow Jim at @hssportscaravan