The football season is complete and for the first time ever, the St. Louis metro area has combined to bring home five state titles with our top team in the final rankings, East St. Louis, coming home with their 10th state Championship. The top five on the list did not chance as all of them won state championships.
Here is the final Top 10 list for this football season. Just a reminder, we have combined all schools into one list for the fall.
- East St. Louis (12-2)
- The Flyers won the IHSA Class 6A title with a 57-7 victory over Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge
- CBC (13-1)
- The Cadets defeated Lee’s Summit North 35-28 in overtime to claim the MSHSAA Class 6 title.
- Howell (14-0)
- The Vikings won the MSHSAA Class 5 title with a 49-21 win over Ft. Osage to complete a perfect season.
- Cardinal Ritter (14-0)
- The Lions defeated Reeds Spring 46-7 to win their first Class 3 football title in school history.
- St. Mary’s (12-2)
- The Dragons won their second straight state title with a 42-0 win over St. Dominic in the Class 4 title game.
- Edwardsville (7-4)
- The Tigers lost to Loyola Academy 49-21 in the IHSA Class 8A second round.
- MICDS (11-2)
- The Rams fell to Cape Central 14-10 in the MSHSAA Class 5 quarterfinals.
- St. Dominic (8-6)
- The Crusaders lost to St. Mary’s 42-0 in the Class 4 state championship game.
- Hillsboro (10-2)
- The Hawks fell to St. Mary’s in the Class 4 quarterfinal contest by a score of 55-34.
- St. Charles West (9-3)
- The Warriors finished the season in the Class 3 quarterfinals with a 24-10 loss to Sullivan
Jim Powers has been covering prep sports in the St. Louis area for 15+ years and a part of the Missouri State High School Activities Association Championship Broadcasts for the past 11 years. Powers is also a part of the Fox 2 Verlo Mattress Prep Zone Friday nights at 10:10 during the football and basketball seasons. If you have a prep sports story, please contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Jim at @hssportscaravan