The regular season is over and the post-season state tournaments are ready, to begin with, East St. Louis and CBC staying on the top of the HSSC/Scoops with Danny Mac Top 10 Football rankings. There is not a lot of movement on the list this week as everyone won their games last week, but Hillsboro and Marquette both join the rankings with wins last week.
Here is the Top 10 list for this week. Just a reminder, we have combined all schools into one list for the fall.
- East St. Louis (7-2)
- The Flyers defeated De Smet 40-10 to finish the regular season and will open action in the IHSA 6A tournament by hosting Oak Lawn Saturday at 3 p.m.
- CBC (8-1)
- The Cadets defeated Edwardsville 44-17 last week and will start Class 6 district action by hosting Vianney Friday at 6 p.m.
- Howell (9-0)
- The Vikings remained undefeated with a 59-21 victory over Rock Bridge and will have a bye this week as the top seed in their district.
- Cardinal Ritter (9-0)
- The Lions finished the regular season with a 44-0 win over SLUH and will have a bye this week in the Class 3 tournament.
- Mary’s (7-2)
- The Dragons bounced back with a 51-33 win over Lutheran North and will have a bye this week in the Class 3 district tournament.
- O’Fallon (8-1)
- The Panthers wrapped up the regular season with a 49-20 win over Cahokia and will start play in the IHSA Class 8A tournament against Edwardsville Friday at 7 p.m.
- MICDS (8-1)
- The Rams Escaped with a 44-33 win over Duchesne and will start Class 5 district play by hosting Chaminade Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Eureka (8-1)
- The Wildcats defeated Hazelwood Central 39-2 to finish the regular season and will have a bye this week in the Class 5 district tournament.
- Hillsboro (8-1)
- The Hawks join the rankings after a 48-14 win over Poplar Bluff and will have a bye to start the Class 4 district.
- Marquette (8-1)
- The Mustangs move into the rankings after defeating Pattonville 38-14 and will start Class 6 district action by hosting Northwest Friday at 7 p.m.
Jim Powers has been covering prep sports in the St. Louis area for 15+ years and a part of the Missouri State High School Activities Association Championship Broadcasts for the past 11 years. Powers is also a part of the Fox 2 Verlo Mattress Prep Zone Friday nights at 10:10 during the football and basketball seasons. If you have a prep sports story, please contact Jim at email@example.com. Follow Jim at @hssportscaravan