East St. Louis and CBC solidified their spots on the top of the HSSC/Scoops with Danny Mac Top 10 Football rankings after continuing to stack up victories while Lutheran North returns to the rankings after defeating MICDS Saturday afternoon.
Just a reminder, we have combined all schools into one list for the fall.
- East St. Louis (4-2)
- The Flyers continued to roll in the SWC with a 55-0 victory over Belleville West and will host Alton Saturday in a 1 p.m. start.
- CBC (5-1)
- The Cadets traveled to Indianapolis and came home with a 55-24 win over Chatard and will continue MCC play with a trip to Vianney Friday evening at 6 p.m.
- Howell (6-0)
- The Vikings remained undefeated after a 56-21 win over Fort Zumwalt West and will hist Timberland in GAC South action Friday at 7 p.m.
- St. Mary’s (5-1)
- The Dragons earned a 49-10 win over AAA conference foe St. Dominic and will host De Smet Friday at 7 p.m.
- Cardinal Ritter (6-0)
- The Lions remained undefeated with a 59-0 victory over Borgia and will host Lift for Life Saturday at 1 p.m.
- O’Fallon (5-1)
- The Panthers bounced back with a 49-13 win over Belleville East and will take on Belleville West Friday at 7 p.m.
- MICDS (5-1)
- The Rams lost their first game of the year to Lutheran North 34-18 this past Saturday and will host Lutheran South Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Eureka (6-0)
- The Wildcats remained perfect on the year with a 34-7 win over Pattonville and will host rival Lafayette Friday at 7 p.m.
- Edwardsville (5-1)
- The Tigers defeated Alton 51-6 last weekend and will host Belleville East Friday at 7 p.m.
- Lutheran North (4-2)
- The Crusaders return to the rankings after a 34-18 win over MICDS and will travel to Macon to take on state-ranked Maryville Friday at 7 p.m.
Jim Powers has been covering prep sports in the St. Louis area for 15+ years and a part of the Missouri State High School Activities Association Championship Broadcasts for the past 11 years. Powers is also a part of the Fox 2 Verlo Mattress Prep Zone Friday nights at 10:10 during the football and basketball seasons. If you have a prep sports story, please contact Jim at email@example.com. Follow Jim at @hssportscaravan